Sunday, November 22, 2009

American Culture, Public Education, Politics, and its Relation: by George Carlin

George Carlin never claimed to have any solution for certain social and political issues, but he had no problem telling people how things were. This video is no exception. Carlin literally summed up books of information in this skit, tired it all together, and delivered it in less than five minutes. One of my favorite aspects of this rant is that it focuses attention beyond the left vs. right political paradigm, and towards the up vs. down spectrum. Carlin's words fail to paint a rosy picture, and it's not an optimistic way of viewing things - but it is the truth. Everything said in this skit can be factually proven at one level or another. Now there is a bright side to all of this. Once everyone wakes up, things might begin to change!



ps.

On a side note: I'm just posting this for people who may have never seen it that find it as interesting, and eye-opening as me. I'm trying to throw in the towel on posting political links, because even if I post a news article here and there - supporting a cause that I favor - it's still not going to change anything.

When there's something political going on that doesn't register with me, like the support of Billionaires for Wealthcare, I have to just sit back, remind myself what George said in this video, and just become a spectator.

No comments:

Post a Comment